The AMCAS website has a very general timeline that covers an applicant’s four-year stay at a college or university: AMCAS Timeline (PDF)
- Make sure to register for an Interfolio Dossier.
- Continue with your volunteer, work, or research activities.
- Prepare for the MCAT – Register and choose from approximately 20 dates but should not take later than April of the year that you submit your medical school application.
- Attend various medical school admissions and application workshops, pre-med. conferences, graduate school fairs, etc.
- Purchase and consult the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirement) to confirm school-specific requirements. To view the MSAR online you need to purchase access to it from AAMC. See the AAMC website for details.
- Continue to save money for the application process.