Services Available for Cal Student Organizations
What can your Career Center do for you? Check out the resources and opportunities for your organization below. Learn how to register for events to get your group involved with the Career Center.
- Get the latest! Learn more about CareerMail and how to sign up.
- Pack ’em in! For a real crowd pleaser, contact the Career Center to help lead workshops or to be on panels. We will customize our presentations for you! Also, consider inviting your organization to one of our scheduled programs.
- Increase visibility! When you register your group’s career-related events and career fairs with us, they will be entered on the Career Center Calendar and the event will be posted in Handshake. Co-sponsoring a Career Center Career Fair is also a great way to get involved in a high-profile campus event. Co-sponsors get publicity on our Career Center Calendar plus unparalleled access to employers and graduate school representatives. If you are interested, please email Employer Relations and let us know which fair(s) interest you (the sooner the better; these opportunities fill quickly!).
- Get educated! Does your group have a professional focus? If so, make sure to check out our Career Fields section. We’ve compiled information about a variety of fields that represent hundreds, if not thousands, of careers. Get help investigating career paths and opportunities for gaining experience in your chosen field.
- Get hands-on! Are your members looking for internship experience? Our Internship section [Link to Internship Listing Sites] has comprehensive information on internships in fields such as Education, Environment, and Business. Check it out to see if we’ve covered your group’s interests.
- Get your foot in the door! The Career Center is the place to go for jobs and internships. We host over 10 career and graduate school fairs a year, bringing hundreds of diverse employers to campus to hire you. We also list 2400+ jobs and internships (full-time, part-time, on and off campus) on Handshake. We have employers looking for full-time workers and interns who use our On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) program.
- Need more information? Didn’t find what you were looking for on this web page? Feel free to email Santina Pitcher at firstname.lastname@example.org with your student group-related questions.
Registration Guidelines for Career Fairs, Panels, and Workshops
Register to have your organization’s career fair or career-related event posted in Handshake.
The Career Center will promote your events to students on the Handshake calendar and/or in an upcoming CareerMail. Student organizations must comply with the guidelines stated below. Requests must be completed at least 5 working days in advance of your event if you would like to have it posted on the Handshake event calendar; 10 working days for CareerMail, as many of them are published bi-weekly.
Registration for Career Fairs
- Student organizations register for their career fairs with the Career Center by completing the online registration form.
- Student organizations refrain from organizing any career fair before or during the weeks the Career Center conducts its major career fairs.
- The Career Center will honor any career fairs established by student organizations prior to 2001.
- Student groups strive to work together to consolidate career fairs that attract similar employers and avoid duplicating career fairs similar to the Career Fairs sponsored by the Career Center.
Registration Guidelines for Panels and Workshops
- Student organizations register their career-related events with the Career Center by completing the online registration form.
- The event will be advertised via Handshake and CareerMail unless it is a duplication of an already scheduled Career Center event that takes place one week before or after ours.
- The Career Center may be unable to promote events that are co-sponsored or presented by for-profit organizations when doing so would give the impression of endorsing a particular product or service, or which provides a product or service already offered by the Career Center. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or procedures, please contact Santina Pitcher by email.